29 September 2021
Published internal services header component.
The internal services header includes:
- an example of the header with and without a sign in/out link
- guidance on when it should be used
8 September 2021
Published DWP Design System roadmap
The DWP Design System roadmap has been published and includes the future plans for the Design System.
Launched new DWP Design System website
The new site includes:
- updated guidance on how to contribute to the DWP Design System
- the DWP Design System Community Backlog
- the DWP Design System team contact details
- information about latest updates to the DWP Design System
Published timeline component
The timeline component includes:
- an example of the timeline component
- guidance on when to use it
- information on how it should work
12 August 2021
Published manage a session timeout pattern
The pattern meets the WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.2.1 ‘Timing Adjustable’. This means that a service must warn users before a session timeout occurs and allow them to extend the session.
The pattern uses a modal dialog based on code from the GOV.UK Design System community backlog.
The manage a session timeout pattern includes:
- the full journey for the session timeout
- guidance for the length of the timeout
- a modal dialog box
- recommended content for users who are signed in or not signed in to a service
17 May 2021
Retired consent to cookies pattern after launch of GOV.UK Design System pattern
This pattern has been retired and replaced by the cookies page and cookie banner on the GOV.UK Design System. Existing services that are using the DWP consent to cookies pattern do not need to update to the GOV.UK page and banner.
Published make a declaration pattern
The pattern helps users to tell you that they have understood or agree to something before they submit an application or an online form.